Noise and Vibration Awareness Certification
Noise and vibration are two common workplace hazards that can have serious long-term effects on employee health. For instance, excessive noise can result in tinnitus and long-term hearing loss, whereas vibration can lead to musculoskeletal injuries and nerve damage.
Fortunately, with diligent safeguarding measures, employees do not have to endure adverse health effects. In this course, you will learn more about the risks associated with noise and vibration, and how employers and employees alike can play a role in creating a safer workspace.
You Will Learn:
- Why high levels of workplace noise are dangerous
- The legislation that addresses workplace noise and what an employer must do to comply with these laws
- The measures an employer must take to protect their workersâ€™ hearing, including measuring noise levels, providing protective equipment and implementing health surveillance
- The two categories of workplace vibration and their effects
- What employers can do to protect their workers from injury caused by excessive vibration, and the health and safety legislation that sets out maximum acceptable vibration levels
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you work in a role that exposes you to high levels of noise or vibration, this course will help you take practical steps to safeguard your health
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law
- If you have an interest in occupational health, this course will provide a good introduction to two of the most common workplace hazards
- If you are in a supervisory role, this course will help you check that your team are adhering to health and safety policies and provide guidance if necessary