Carbon Monoxide Awareness Certification
Carbon monoxide kills hundreds of people each year. Virtually undetectable without specialist equipment, it is sometimes known as the â€œsilent killerâ€.
This course addresses the problem of carbon monoxide exposure in the workplace. It combines factual information about the causes and consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning with practical guidance on how to reduce the risk of exposure.
You Will Learn:-
- What carbon monoxide is, how it is produced and its short and long-term effects on human health.
- How to prevent carbon monoxide leaks by choosing and maintaining suitable equipment, setting up a suitable workspace and making adjustments to work processes if necessary.
- The duties of employers and employees under the law and an overview of how health and safety legislation can act as a guide to preventing carbon monoxide poisoning.
- What you need to do in the event of a carbon monoxide leak and how to work with third parties in reducing the risk of future incidents.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:-
- Any employer looking to further their knowledge of their obligations under health and safety law will benefit from taking this course.
- You will be able to identify potential sources of carbon monoxide poisoning in the workplace and take steps to remedy the situation.
- Anyone working in an environment which could potentially expose them to carbon monoxide will benefit from developing an understanding of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If you are interested in occupational health, this course will provide you with a valuable overview of a common workplace hazard.