Basic Fire Safety Awareness Certification
Learning all you can about fire safety is important for homeowners and businesses alike. Keeping your home, family, staff, and company protected in the event of a blaze is a priority for many people. One way many individuals protect themselves is by developing a compressive fire safety plan.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the importance of fire safety. This is achieved by talking about how fires begin, how they spread, and their common causes. The course also reviews basic building features designed to keep occupants safe, the details about fire extinguishers and their use, as well as the steps to take in the event of a blaze.
You Will Learn:
- The three elements that combine to form the â€œfire triangleâ€ as well as ways in which fire can spread
- Common causes of fire and preventative measures you can take to reduce the risk
- The features most buildings have to prevent fires from spreading, warn occupants about a risk, and keep them safe while evacuating
- The main types of fire extinguishers and how to tell when you should use each one
- Information about the methods employed to use most standard fire extinguishers, regardless of type
- What to do in the event of a fire, including how to alert others to the dangers posed
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about how fires begin, which can help you develop strong preventative measures
- Gaining knowledge about how fires can spread and the steps to take to reduce those risks
- Exploring the common causes for fires that happen to business and residences, as well as how you can keep your home or business safe is a key part of developing a safety plan
- Acquiring an understanding of how to use the various safety features in buildings and how to spot malfunctions
- Gaining important information about what to do in the event of a fire