Teaching Assistant Certification Level 2
Are you a school administrator looking to upgrade standards or develop skill sets within new starters? This course is designed to provide teaching assistants who are already in the classroom or new starters with everything theyâ€™ll need, in order to succeed at supporting educators, as well as students.
Using a series of 20 modules, this course programme will give teaching assistants the confidence and tools you want in your classroom, while giving you peace of mind that students are receiving a UK-standard education. Best of all, no prior experience is required, in order to get started!
Whatâ€™s Covered in the Course?
Have a look at just some of the material covered within the 20 modules:
- An overview of what a teaching assistant is, their role in a classroom and how the role is evolving;
- An understanding of the school system as a whole, including management hierarchy, national curriculum and the various types of schools found within the UK;
- How to provide the best support – best practices, class preparation, understanding and dealing with student behaviour and how to create learning environments;
- Legal issues in the classroom, such as school policies, ensuring child welfare, health and safety rules and regulations and student confidentiality;
- How to improve literacy and numeracy, including alternative tools, the importance of the National Curriculum and how teaching assistants can support teachers in these areas;
- How to provide assistance to students with learning disabilities and inclusive learning strategies;
- A focus on integrating ESL children, building effective learning environments and understanding the challenges that these students may have;
- Behaviour management, including proactive solutions, how to encourage personal development and understanding these negative behaviours;
- An overview of parental engagement, focusing on why it is important, common barriers and how it can improve lifelong learning;
- Curriculum delivery under the direction of the teacher, including understanding different learning styles, the role of the teaching assistant in activity planning and delivery, working efficiently and as part of a team and relationship building.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are the benefits of taking the course:
- It can be completed anywhere, be it during downtime in the classroom or from the comfort of your staffâ€™s own home;
- Your staff can set the pace, with the easy-to-follow course structure;
- The course material focuses on UK standards, meaning that the knowledge acquired relates directly to your classroom, as opposed to just instead of just generic information;
- The recognised certification can be used as a promotional tool, to provide parents with the reassurance that their children are attending a quality educational establishment;
- As they are completed, the modules can be applied to the classroom environment;
- There are no prerequisites required, in order to get started.