Speeding on Site Awareness Certification
Speeding needs to be carefully managed on both public highways and in the workplace. Every year, several people die on UK construction sites in vehicle-related accidents and dozens more are injured.
Controlling vehicle speed and movement should be a key priority for anyone responsible for the health and safety of those on site. This course will outline the steps you must take when structuring a site, alerting people to hazards and encouraging workers and visitors to drive at a safe speed.
You Will Learn
- The importance of controlling the speed of vehicles on a work site and what employers and workers must do to comply with relevant health and safety law.
- How and when speed limits are useful in controlling speed, how to choose an appropriate speed limit and how to keep pedestrians away from traffic.
- How to use traffic calming measures to reduce the speed at which traffic moves around a site.
- How to draw up and implement a safe driving policy and how training can reduce or eliminate speed-related incidents at work.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are responsible for managing safety risks in your workplace, this course will help you consider and manage risks posed by speeding vehicles.
- If you work on a site with vehicles, this course will alert you to potential risks caused by speeding and how to mitigate them.
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law with regards to traffic management on site.
- If you are responsible for training people who work in dangerous environments, this course will help you ensure that you cover important information workers need to know.