Manual Handling Certification
Manual handling is an essential part of almost every job throughout the UK. Everyone from office workers to those who work on factory floors engage in some form of manual handling each and every day. It is important to learn about the risks involved and how to lift, carry, push, and pull loads safely. This is the best way to reduce the rate of workplace injuries, most of which are caused by improper manual handling practices.
This course provides you with a comprehensive guide to manual handling. It begins by giving you an introduction to the concept of manual handling, including examples and affected workplaces. It then goes into detail about the applicable legislation and the obligations employers and employees must fulfil in order to keep their workplace safe. The specific types of risks and hazards, as well as examples on how to handle materials safely are also provided.
You Will Learn:
- Information about the manual handling regulations
- The obligations employers must fulfil according to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- The obligations employees must fulfil according to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- The risks and hazards that are involved with improper manual handling, including the development of musculoskeletal issues and repetitive motion injuries
- Techniques for safe and effective manual handling
- Practical solutions and tips to keep in mind when it comes to manual handling and workplace safety
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about manual handling and how prevalent it is in todayâ€™s workplaces
- Gaining insight into the obligations and requirements employers must fulfil according to applicable legislation
- Understanding the rights and obligations of employees in the workplace when it comes to manual handling
- Learning about the specific risks and hazards that employees face when they handle items improperly
- Learning how to manually handle loads properly