Dealing with HMRC in Relation to New Employees
When recruiting a new employee, it is important to observe HMRCâ€™s rules and regulations concerning pay, tax, National Insurance contributions, and employment status. You need to accurately report this information in a timely manner, or else risk a penalty.
This course will teach you how and when to collect relevant information from new employees, how to process it in a safe and secure manner, and how to ensure that new starts are paid correctly and on time from the beginning of their time with your company.
You Will Learn:
- When and how to collect information from new employees
- How to set a new employee up on your payroll system, and how to report changes in employment status to HMRC
- How to use the information included in a P45
- How to automatically set up student loan deductions when entering a new employee onto your system
- How to make sure employee data is kept safe and secure
- How to ensure your new employee receives their first wages on time
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for payroll and bookkeeping at work, this course will help you fulfil your legal duties in accordance with HMRC regulations
- This course will help you organise and store sensitive data in an appropriate manner, upholding employee privacy
- This course will help make the onboarding process as smooth and efficient as possible
- Ensuring a new hire is paid on time will maintain morale and get your employee-employer relationship off to a good start