Understanding Fire Extinguishers Certification
Fire safety is an important issue for everyone in the UK. Homes and businesses need to develop fire safety plans to ensure that everyone stays safe. Your plan should talk about preventative measures, evacuation procedures and an evacuation map. These plans should also contain a lot of information on how to safely handle and use a fire extinguisher. Fire extinguishers can be difficult to use, so it is very important that you fully understand how to use one and how to tackle a blaze, to keep you, your property and your loved ones safe.
This course provides you with a comprehensive guide to fire extinguisher use and other ways to stay safe in the midst of an emergency. It begins by discussing the fire triangle and the classes of fire you may face. It then goes into detail about the types of extinguishers on the market and how to use each one safely. We also discuss the importance of servicing, maintenance and inspection of extinguishers on a regular basis. The best procedures to use when faced with a blaze are also discussed.
You Will Learn:-
- The three elements necessary to create a fire
- Each class of fire and what the common causes of them are
- The types of extinguishers available on the market and which one to use depending on the class of fire you are facing.
- The importance of regular servicing and maintenance of your fire extinguisher
- The steps you should take when tackling a fire
- How to safely use a fire extinguisher
Benefits of Taking This Course:-
- Learning about the formation of fire and which types of fire exist
- Gaining insight into when you should use each type of fire extinguisher, based on the fires you are facing
- Understanding how to use a fire extinguisher safely, properly and effectively
- How to properly alert others to the existence of a fire
- Learning the proper evacuation procedures