Sick Leave Certification
Almost every employee will take sick leave at some point during their time with a company. This means that every business owner must be aware of the laws governing how and when workers can take sick leave, how much sick pay they can receive and how they should be welcomed back to work.
In this course, you will learn how to handle both long and short-term sick leave and how to ensure employees are treated fairly when they take time off due to injury and illness.
You Will Learn:
- The circumstances in which a worker is entitled to sick leave and Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), and how much SSP they can receive
- How self-certification and â€œfit notesâ€ work and how to deal with long-term sick leave
- How to make reasonable adjustments for an employee who is returning to work following illness or injury, and how to welcome them back.
- How to comply with employment law when dismissing someone on grounds of illness or injury
- What to do if you suspect that an employee is fabricating illness or injury
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under UK employment law with regards to managing illness and injury
- If you work in an HR role, this course will help you work with others in your organisation to devise appropriate sick leave policies
- If you are a worker, this course will provide you with an overview of your right to sick pay and sick leave
- If you are a manager, this course will help you communicate effectively with employees who have been on sick leave and work with them to ease their transition back into the workplace