Safeguarding Children on the Internet Certification
The internet is an invaluable tool for discovery and learning, but it can also be a dangerous place for the most vulnerable among us. Whether youâ€™re a teacher, in school administration, a parent or you work with children in some other capacity, this course will teach you how to better protect those too young to protect themselves.
From cyberbullying to identity theft, there are numerous threats that todayâ€™s children face that simply did not exist in previous generations.
In this interesting 10 module, 15 hour course, your team member will learn to create a dialogue with children, when it comes to the potential hazards associated with use of the internet. Furthermore, they will learn to recognise possible warning signs, if a child is being bullied or otherwise abused in their online interactions.
If you work with children, having the tools that this course will give you is absolutely essential.
Whatâ€™s Covered in the Course?
Your team members enrolled on this course can expect to cover the following:
- How developing a clear line of communication with a child can help you recognise threats, before they get out of control;
- The tools that are available, to help you monitor online activity and block harmful content, and how to stop children from working around such tools;
- What internet addiction is and what can be done, if you suspect that a child is suffering from it;
- The signs that a child is developing an online relationship and how to identify if that relationship is healthy;
- How to approach the sensitive subject of the use of online pornography and how to know if a child has been accessing it;
- Some of the dangerous, violent and extremist content that is available and how to protect a child from it;
- How predators use the internet, to lure in children and signs that a child is in contact with one;
- What cyber bullies are and what to do, if you suspect that a child is using the internet, in order to bully others;
- How to identify if a child has become the victim of online bullying;
- What are the most current apps and software that children are using and the potential risks associated with them;
- Teaching online privacy and why itâ€™s so important to protect your personal information.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Your team members will acquire a range of benefits, when studying this course, and some of these include:
- Making the internet a safer place for children, using these new and valuable skills;
- The ability to study at the time and from the place that best suits them;
- Upon completion of the course, they will receive an industry-recognised and fully-accredited certification;
- Study materials are available on all major devices and can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.