Introduction to Independent Living
Living with a disability can seem challenging and not all care homes can provide the desired results. Being able to live in the comfort of your own home can do wonders for those with disabilities and allows them the peace of mind of knowing they are still in control over their own lives.
But what are the costs and how do people ensure they get the care they need?
This is where independent living and the various organisations surrounding the movement can help.
People who learn about independent living often benefit by learning about the various entitlements and allowances available to them, how they can personalise their care – and more. Independent living allows the disabled to live comfortably in their home and partake in their communities with ease.
This course will go into detail about independent living, the principles and the prospects of independent living.
You Will Learn:
- About what independent living is
- The difference between independent living and care homes
- The four principles of independent living
- Prospects of independent living
- Tips and advice to help live independently in your home
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will see an alternative to care homes, that allows more autonomy for those living with disabilities
- You will learn about what independent living is and how it benefits people with disabilities
- You will be able to figure out where to get the funding for personalised care