Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Certificate
Children are becoming at risk of sexual exploitation at an alarming rate across the UK. In 2016, it was reported that over 4,000 London children were â€˜at risk of sexual exploitationâ€™. The perpetrators can be people whom the children already know or the exploitation can result from online sources.
The best way in which to keep the children in your life safe from this type of exploitation is to be armed with as much knowledge as possible. Understanding how and why exploitation occurs, as well as who is most likely to be targeted, is the first step in preventing it from happening to your loved ones or children in your care.
This course goes into detail regarding child sexual exploitation. We begin by giving you a brief introduction to the topic, including a definition of the term and specific examples.
Next, we talk about how child sexual exploitation occurs, including the warning signs that you should look for and the behaviour patterns displayed by those who are most likely to start grooming children.
We then discuss the reactions that children have to being exploited.
Finally, we review the best practices for responding to and reporting allegations of sexual abuse or exploitation.
You Will Learn:
- The most common models of grooming for sexual exploitation
- The warning signs exhibited by children who may be being sexually exploited
- The emotional and physical effects of sexual exploitation
- The reasons why children may choose not to report incidents of sexual exploitation or abuse
- How to respond if a child in your life discloses sexual exploitation or abuse
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Understanding about the dangers that sexual exploitation poses to the children in your life
- Learning the importance of creating an atmosphere where a child feels safe and believed
- Understanding about the risks of online grooming and how to combat them
- Learning about the reporting process and why it is best to leave your name when going through the process
- Understanding more about your role and responsibilities in keeping the children in your life safe from harm