Introduction to Emergency Procedures in the Workplace
Emergencies can happen at any time in the workplace.
Having a set of procedures, policies and a well-made emergency plan can help prevent many injuries and miscommunication.
Employers and employees who take the time to develop and practise basic emergency procedures often improve their overall safety and security at their place of employment.
While you might not be able to predict every single emergency scenario, having at least the general emergency situations covered is a step in the right direction.
This course will go into detail on what a good emergency plan is, what to avoid and what makes a well-trained employee in case of an emergency.
We begin by addressing how a good emergency plan differs from bad emergency procedures and a list of common emergencies that businesses deal with.
Next, we review good emergency procedures, to include what a well-trained employee should have as far as skills are concerned and what to avoid in emergency procedure planning.
Finally, we show you some steps to take and provide you with tips to help your emergency planning process.
You Will Learn:
- About different types of emergency situations
- What should be included into your emergency plans
- What to expect of employees during an emergency
- Tips to help make emergency planning easier and concise
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will be able to learn about good emergency planning
- You will be able to learn about bad emergency procedures
- You will learn about the benefits of good emergency planning
- Understanding how to make an emergency action plan and how to enforce it