Health and Safety – We are all responsible
Health and safety applies to everyone in the workplace. Every year thousands of people suffer from work-related illness and injury so it is in everyoneâ€™s best interest to learn how to keep safe and healthy when in the workplace.
In this course you will learn about some common hazards workers face on a daily basis. You will discover how the relevant health and safety law works in both theory and practice, equipping you to spot these common hazards in any working environment, and to play a role in minimising harm.
Whether you are an employer, employee or self-employed individual, this course will provide you with an introduction to health and safety law in the UK. You will discover that health and safety is not merely an exercise in bureaucracy, but a necessity in the maintenance of a productive workforce.
You Will Learn:
- What health and safety means, why it is important that everyone in the workplace understands their responsibilities, and how health and safety legislation is implemented
- Why employers must carry out risk assessments and what they need to do once they have identified workplace hazards.
- The risks that come with manual handling activities including lifting and carrying, and how these can be prevented
- The factors that make fires and electrical explosions more likely to occur in the workplace and how these hazards can be minimised or eliminated
- The importance of maintaining a safe workplace environment for employees and visitors; understanding the negative effects of employees working in a risky environment, which increases the likelihood of slips, trips and falls
Benefits of Taking the Health and Safety – We are all responsible Course
- As a business owner, knowing your potential liability in a variety of situations
- If you are an employee, this course will help you understand and avoid common electrical hazards
- Improved levels of wellbeing, health and happiness amongst employees
- The ability to study at the time and from the place that best suits your employees
- Study materials are available on all major devices – all thatâ€™s required is an internet connection