Introduction to Cat Grooming and Health
Cats spend nearly half of their waking lives engaged in some form of grooming behaviour.
It is easy to dismiss this as cats simply being clean creatures, but there are bigger reasons for grooming habits than just aesthetics.
Understanding more about grooming and its connection to a catâ€™s health, as well as the greater health issues cats may face, is a huge part of being able to provide good feline care.
This course gives you an overview of grooming and feline health, with topics spread out across two modules.
The first discusses grooming and grooming habits in detail.
We talk about the reasons why cats display this behaviour and what changes to grooming habits may mean.
The second module discusses feline health, giving you an introduction to the common ailments cats can suffer from, along with symptoms and what can be done to help.
The course finishes with a discussion of veterinary care, stressing the importance of regular check-ups.
You Will Learn:
- The specific reasons why cats groom themselves and others
- The physical and emotional benefits your cat receives from grooming
- How you can help cats with underdeveloped grooming habits
- Information about diseases and other health concerns you may see when working with cats
- Information about the importance of vaccines for all cats, not just outdoor ones
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Gain a better understanding of normal grooming habits, so you can be on the lookout for any changes
- If you are a professional who works with cats, you can obtain useful information about ailments and vet selection you can pass on to your customers
- If you work with animals or you hope to as a future career, this course tells you what you need to know regarding grooming and its link to health
- If you are thinking about getting a cat, you can learn more about how to keep them safe, happy and healthy
- Learn more about the potential health issues cats can face in advance of interacting with them, so you can be prepared