Fraud Detection Certification
All businesses should have in place a set of policies and procedures that deter people from committing fraud. Unfortunately, fraud remains a common problem across many industries. The financial sector is particularly vulnerable to these crimes.
Fortunately, there are many steps you can take to prevent fraud and minimise the damage if a crime has already occurred. In this course, you will learn the underlying principles of fraud detection, what fraud detection looks like in practice and the most common challenges people investigating suspected fraud tend to encounter.
You Will Learn:
- Why fraud detection is important and why learning how to spot patterns is an essential skill in investigating fraud
- How to look for clues that may point to future instances of fraud
- How to identify anomalies in records and processes by analysing data
- The challenges that face data auditors when trying to identify fraudulent activity and how to use analytics to identify red flags
- How to detect credit card fraud using decision trees and algorithms
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Anyone who owns a business or occupies a senior position will benefit from this course, as it contains essential information that will help guard a company against fraud.
- If you are an employee, knowing how and why fraud occurs will help you play your role in flagging anomalies, which could ultimately save your company a lot of time and money.
- If you are responsible for recruiting new employees, this course will help you take their financial background into consideration when deciding whether to make an offer.
- If you are interested in criminal law, this course will provide you with a useful insight into fraud and fraud detection.